The Violence Prevention Program focuses on provide outreach & education and cultural competency education. The program works with victims of violence to provide advocacy, somestic violence supportive services and resources and help manevenuer through the legal processes.
VIET is a member of New Orleans DVAC and Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) is a collaboration of agencies working together to strengthen our city’s response to domestic violence sexual assault by:
- Forming strong partnerships between all agencies involved in the sexual assault response to improve and streamline services for survivors
- Providing ongoing training and outreach to agencies and communities
- Expanding the scope of services for survivors to reach all communities in the Greater New Orleans
- Working with the community to raise awareness and prevent sexual assault
- Holding offenders accountable for sexual assault